Combined Online Level 4/5 Diploma in Business Management – Year 1 & 2 of First Degree
FAST TRACK TO A DEGREE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
ATHE Combined Online Undergraduate Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Business Management is a 240 credit size qualification and is the equivalent size and level to the 1st & 2nd year of a Bachelor’s degree. This course is designed for those who want to fast track to the 3rd year of a degree programme with a UK university or those who want to develop your understanding of management and to develop key management skills.
This combined qualification is the equivalent to the first and second year of a first-degree level and provides 240 bachelors credits. This qualification provides a sound overview of all areas of business management and leadership. Units in this qualification provide a comprehensive exploration of strategic business planning, human resource management, finance, and marketing, you will also need to undertake a business research project.
This qualification is for learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in an area of management, or who wants to develop their management skills, or improve their promotional prospects within any business environment, and to gain a recognized business qualification.
If you are newly appointed to a first management position, the qualification will support you to develop in your role. If you are seeking a first management role it will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to management that will enable you to apply for a management position with confidence. This qualification will help you to gain a broad foundation of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to management across sectors
- The unique nature of this course means that you do not have to get into a lot of student debt in order to get a degree. You can gain a UK degree from a recognized university for as little as £8,000.
- You can get a degree in a more flexible way, and study around your existing commitments or work.
- You can earn a degree in 2 years or less, according to your own pace.
- You can a three business management qualifications in one.
- You can fast track your career and enter the 3rd year of a degree programme from recognised partner UK universities. This will mean that you can complete your degree in as little as 2 years.
- This highly recognised management qualification will enable you to expand your career and earning potential.
- Achievement of the ATHE Level 4/5 Diploma in Business Management, providing an excellent combination of professional and academic qualification.
The Online Combined Level 4/5 Diploma in Business Management provides much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in Management and Leadership and is also recognised by a variety of UK universities for progression to their MBA pogrammes
The Undergraduate Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Business Management is a 240 credit course which is designed to fast track you to the last year of a undergraduate degree in business management or associated discipline. This can be complete either on campus or by distance learning.
You will be required to complete modules for Level 4 modules and assignments of this course which is the equivalent to the first year of a University Degree. You will also need to complete the Level 5 modules and assignments, which is equivalent to the second year of a University Degree. Each unit consists of 40 hours of guided learning activities and exercises.
You will need to complete all Level 4 units (120 credits) which include the following units:
- Business Environment – This unit examines the business environment and context looking and social political and economic forces that impact on business operations.
Communication Skills – This unit provides an in-depth look at business communications and its role in business management and promoting productivity with staff.
People in Organisations – Unit focuses on motivating and promoting efficiency in teams across all areas of organisations, including the application of promotional techniques.
Finance For Managers – This unit provides an introduction to business finance for non finance managers including budgeting, forecasting financial analysis and costing.
Customer Relationship Management – This unit provide you with the knowledge required to establish, develop and maintain relationships with customers through effective communication and client relationship strategies. You will learn how to communicate to establish customers’ needs and maintain a customer database. You will discover relationship building strategies and business network enhancement to achieve organisational objectives.
- Personal and Professional Development – you will encouraged to adopt a reflective exploration of professional development and action planning for improvement. You will analyse the skills for effective business management and leadership and look at your own career direction and development.
Business Ethics – This business ethics unit provides an introduction into the concept of values, morality, as well as cultural beliefs and upbringing in all areas of business, from consumer rights to corporate social responsibility. You will evaluate management decision-making that challenges concepts of integrity honesty, transparency in leadership and customer expectations.
For level 5 you will need to complete all units (120 Credits) which includes:
- Managing Communication – Exploration of business communication in organisations, communication plans and managing internal communication systems.
Business Organisations in a Global Context – This unit focuses on business within an international context, using case studies to explore forces/factors that impact on business from a wider context.
People Management – Unit explores people management issues, including aspects of workplace motivation, incentives, and rewards. recruiting and retaining staff and how this impacts organsiational culture.
- Risk Management – This unit provides an introduction to understanding and managing risk, the processes of risk identification, risk measurement and risk management are explored. The course then goes on to examine reputational risk and operational risk.
Equality and Diversity – The unit provides an introduction equality and diversity and issues of stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, . Examining the impact of equality and diversity in organsiations and teams.
Corporate Social Responsibility – This unit aims to help learners understand how they can create a strategy that promotes environmental, societal and economic issues and how they can work in ways that are resourceful, ethical and sustainable.
- You must be aged 18 or over to take this qualification. There are no formal requirements for specific prior qualifications or levels of attainment but if you have recently been in education or training you will normally be expected to have either 2 or more GCE A levels and 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above, other level 3 qualifications in relevant subjects. Alternatively, you may hold an Access to Higher Education Certificate or other equivalent international qualifications.Mature learners will normally have relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with a degree of responsibility, and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
You will be required to complete an assessment for each unit, which will be graded either a pass, merit or distinction. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the assessment criteria for each unit in order to pass. For each assessment you will be required to demonstrate that you have undertaken the necessary amount of research and reading, presenting your work using a high level of written English. For the level 4 & 5 Units you will need to complete 8 written assignments. You will need to pass level 4 units before you can progress onto level 5 units.
Resources and Support
Once you have registered for the programme you will receive login details required to access the wealth of resources and support that is included in this qualification packages. The support that you will receive includes:
- Interactive e-learning resources via our student portal. On the portal are lessons for each unit/module as part of the qualification. Lessons include videos, lectures, podcasts, interactive components, all designed by experienced lecturers and teachers.
- Online student discussion forums – provides an opportunity for you to interact and discuss with other learners on your course
- E-management books and resources
- Video library
There may be times when you feel that you may require additional support, this is available throughout your courses as and when you need it. Support can be through, one to one tutoring, via telephone or online, or access to online webinars.
University Progression Pathways
After successful completion of this course, you may progress onto completing a first degree at many UK universities. You will be fast-tracked to the 3rd year of a first degree programme. Some examples of your progression pathway are:
Anglia Ruskin University – UK
BA (Hons) Management (Distance Learning) – £4,500
University of Northampton
BA (Hons) Business and Management (3rd year) – £9,000
London School of Business and Management
BA (Hons) Business and Management (3rd year) – £8,000
You may also like…
ILM Online Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management – with E-Coach£1,200.00 Add to basket
ILM Online Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring -with E-Coach£1,500.00 Add to basket
Level 3 Online Diploma in Business Management – University Foundation Course£999.00 Add to basket
ILM Online Level 3 Coaching and Mentoring Certificate – with E-Coach£1,200.00 Add to basket