ILM Online Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management -with E-Coach
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers, to develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The course aims to equip aspiring and middle managers with the necessary skills to prepare them for senior roles, the course explores the essential skills in building performance, effective management of human capital and strategy and vision. Today’s manager must be versatile, and be able to adapt to changing priorities and contexts, this course aims to explore the competencies that are vital to developing the 21st century manager.
The ILM Level 5 Leadership & Management qualification explores the differences between management roles and leadership roles, preparing delegates to move into or develop their executive skills. This qualification are made up of a broad range of units covering skills in six core areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources.
Focus on the skills you need
This qualification is available as a concise Award, a broader Certificate or a very comprehensive Diploma. Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas:
- Working with people – a range of units including how to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage remote workers, build excellent customer relations
- Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing critical thinking
- Providing direction – such as leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives, and making strong and informed management decisions.
- Facilitating innovation and change – for example, build a culture of continued improvement, and lead people through change
- Achieving results – such as managing for efficiency and effectiveness, and managing projects that get results
- Using resources – including managing facilities and managing information.
Results for you
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Impact for your employer
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This programme focuses on the essence of what makes a good leader, exploring key leadership competencies, providing the basis for honing leadership skills and qualities, to review new trends and approaches. The qualifications are made up of a wide range of units covering core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate – plus skills in communication, team leadership, change, innovation and managing people and relationships.
The qualifications are made up of a wide range of units covering core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate – plus skills in communication, team leadership, change, innovation and managing people and relationships. We offer the Award, Certificate or Diploma qualifications. Depending on how detailed the qualification is and how long it might take to complete, most qualifications fall into three sizes:
• Awards are the shortest and most concise qualification, accounting for 10 to 120 hours of learning which equates to the minimum of 4 credits.
• Certificates (130 to 360 hours of learning) provide a broader base of knowledge and skills and are awarded between 13 credits.
• Diplomas are the most comprehensive qualification, with an extensive programme of learning amounting to over 370 hours of learning for 37 credits.
Overview of units for the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management
The ILM Certificates requires that you complete 13 credits from the selection of units from the following:
Developing Critical Thinking
Leading Innovation and Change
Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics
Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity
Developing Your Leadership Styles
Motivating People in the Workplace
Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace
As part of your qualification, you will be required to complete an assessment in relation to all of the units on your programme. ILM’s approach to assessment is to ensure that it enables you to apply and demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and awareness of real-life workplace challenges. In order to obtain this prestigious and highly recognised qualification, you will need to complete an assessment for each unit, which is usually 1 assessment per unit. Assessments can be taken in a variety of formats, from presentations to written reports.
Resources and Support
As part of this course, you will be provided with the essential requirements for success! You will be allocated an experienced and expert Leadership E-coach who will provide support and guidance throughout your course. They will assist you with the completion of your assessments, providing feedback and support. You will also be provided with access to a range of resources, both online and hard copy materials. As part of the course you will receive complimentary ILM studying membership, the benefits of which include:
Complimentary subscription to Edge magazine, the Institute’s leadership, and management magazine
The Ci Zone, free access to a suite of interactive career development tools and resources.
The Resource Centre brings you access to the latest leadership and management thinking through a free online catalogue of e-books, business books summaries and thousands of e-journal articles.
The Learning Zone has over 400 digital learning resources covering essential management and leadership topics, many of which have been mapped to directly support learners on the ILM programmes.
Full access to the ILM Insight – where managers, leaders, HR professionals, training experts, academics and opinion-formers come to network, share advice and find hot topics and research.
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
▶ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
▶ ILM Level 7 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
An ILM level 5 Qualification can also support your career progression and promotion to higher management positions, as the qualification is seen by employers as a strong indication of your management capabilities. Recognised qualification to access undergraduate pathway, and credit transfer at UK universities
What is included in the cost?
- Registration and certification
Course materials/handbook/e-learning resources
- ILM Studying Membership
Assessment marking and feedback on assessments
- An allocated tutor who provides support and guidance throughout the course.
- Access to Moodle – virtual learning resource centre