Level 3 Online Diploma in Business Management – University Foundation Course
This course provides an essential knowledge base for those wishing to progress into a management career, or who would like to gain an academic qualification in management to boost their CV. Learning at home at your own pace this business management diploma is a great introduction to key concepts in business, management and leadership.
This Level 3 Diploma in Business Management is designed to provide learners with enhanced job prospects in a range of industries. There is a core selection of generic management subjects such as Human Resources, Marketing, Finance and Strategy and specialist units in Ethics, European Business etc., which provides an excellent introduction to key areas of business management. The Level 3 Diploma in Business is a 60 credit qualification and is the equivalent level to an A-Level or Access to HE qualification. The qualification provides learners with an introduction to the business environment as well as key academic, research and communication skills to support learners in their development.
This course is for any learner who wants to develop their understanding of key business concepts, or those who would like to progress into higher education or employment.
This qualification is for learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in an area of management, or who wants to develop their management skills, or improve their promotional prospects within any business environment, and to gain a recognized business qualification.
If you are newly appointed to a first management position, the qualification will support you to develop in your role. If you are seeking a first management role it will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to management that will enable you to apply for a management position with confidence. This qualification will help you to gain a broad foundation of knowledge, understanding, and skills relating to management across sectors.
The Online Level 3 Diploma in Business Management provides much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in Management and Leadership.
The University foundation Level 3 Diploma in Business Management comprises of 6 mandatory units which includes:
- Managing Business Operations – Operations management is one of the central functions of all organisations. This unit provides an introduction to operations management and the role of operations managers and the importance of focusing on suppliers and customers.
- The Business Environment – This unit introduces the business context and the different aspects that impact on the productivity and performance of a business.
- Managing People in Organisations – In this unit, you will gain an understanding of how to get the most out of people in the workplace. Looking at building teams, workplace motivation, performance management.
- Working in Teams – This unit explores group formation, norms, culture, and team behavior, once established, is difficult to change, Patrick Lencioni documents very well the dysfunctions that can occur in groups and its impact on performance. A team is more than just a group of people working together, the effective team leader will understand the complexities involved in leading the team to successes. This unit explores the facets of a high performing team and the individuals that make up the team.
- Effective Business Communications – Looking at the different forms of business communication and strategies for building effective communication in the workplace.
This course has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a business or management degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required. To undertake this programme you need to have a good standard of written English, and the ability to work at an advanced level.
You will be required to complete an assessment for each unit, which will be graded either a pass, merit or distinction. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the assessment criteria for each unit in order to pass. For each assessment you will be required to demonstrate that you have undertaken the necessary amount of research and reading, presenting your work using a high level of written English.
Resources and Support
Once you have registered for the programme you will receive login details required to access the wealth of resources and support that is included in this qualification packages. The support that you will receive includes:
- Interactive e-learning resources via our student portal. On the portal are lessons for each unit/module as part of the qualification. Lessons include videos, lectures, podcasts, interactive components, all designed by experienced lecturers and teachers.
- Online student discussion forums – provides an opportunity for you to interact and discuss with other learners on your course
- E-management books and resources
- Video library
There may be times when you feel that you may require additional support, this is available throughout your courses as and when you need it. Support can be through, one to one tutoring, via telephone or online, or access to online webinars.
University Progression Pathways
After successful completion of this course, you may progress onto completing a first degree at many UK universities. The Level 3 Diploma in Business Management will provide you with the necessary pre-requisite qualifications to apply directly to a UK University either for a distance learning course or campus based, in business management or an associated discipline.
On successful completion of a Level 3 Diploma in Business and Management, there are a number of progression opportunities. Learners may progress to Level 4/5 Combined Diploma in Business.