Level 6 Online Diploma in Business Management
The Level 6 Diploma in Management is a 120 credit size qualification and is the equivalent level to the 3rd year of a degree. It provides coverage of key issues relevant to business management which will enable learners to understand the key principles that govern business, management, and leadership at an advanced level. Understanding business environments and management skills is applicable to many different sectors, and enables progression in your career to senior levels.
Level 6 Diploma in Business Management
This degree level qualification is for those who would like to deepen their knowledge and understanding of business management at a senior level. This qualification is for learners who want to progress onto and complete a degree level qualification in business management, and have completed the Level 4/5 combined Diploma in Business Management. This qualification is also important for those who would like to develop their career so that they can work towards promotion into management positions.
- You can fast track your career to higher earning potential and expand career prospects – with a recognised qualification equivalent to a degree in Business Management.
- Rather than getting into a lot of student debt you can complete a degree programme that is cost effective and flexible around your current work commitments.
- Worldwide recognition – qualifications that provide wide recognition as the distinction in business education and an entry point for senior positions.
- Develop your leadership and management expertise
- Flexibility – You can learn at your own pace – learning that is built around your needs and current commitments.
- Achievement of the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Business, providing an excellent combination of professional and academic qualification.
The Online Level 6 Diploma in Business Management provides much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in Management and Leadership and is also recognised by a variety of UK universities for progression to their MBA pogrammes
The ATHE online Level 6 Diploma in Management is a 120 credit qualification, you will need to complete the following units to achieve the qualification:
- Leadership and Management – You will explore leadership and management styles, theory and practice. You will explore a range of research into leadership and leadership styles, looking at principles of emotional intelligence, delegation, coaching and the ‘soft’ skills of leadership and management.
- Research Project – You will need to undertake a business research project and this unit will cover all areas of research methodology and analyses.
- Human Resource Management – For any organisation management of human capital Essential a feature, every manager must have an understanding of human resource management, from recruitment selection, retention reward, and recognition. This unit covers all areas of human resource management necessary for the modern manager.
- Strategic Marketing – This unit covers all areas of marketing as it is embedded in the strategic plan of every business. Analysis of market share, market segmentation, analysis of market trends within your sector with tools/techniques to assess future trends and market forces.
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Financial Decision Making for Managers – This unit provides an in-depth knowledge about the accounting and control systems businesses use for making managerial decisions. In particular, the unit focuses on profit planning decisions and it gives students a thoughtful understanding of the functioning and range of financial controls managers use for making profit planning decisions, related to both the business as a whole and its segments.
- Project Management – This unit looks at how organisations use projects to deliver improvement and changes and increase operational effectiveness. This unit looks at the cycle of a project, from early conception and defining the scope through to the evaluation and lesson learned. You will look at tools, techniques, and standards developed by professional organisations.
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery – In this unit, you will examine how to provide quality and service within an increasingly competitive global environment. In this unit you will develop measures and standards of service quality, devise practices that improve employee learning and outcomes and evaluate different approaches to process improvement, to impact on strategic decisions and organisational performance.
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement – This unit explores the application of a range of tools and techniques when working with customers, stakeholders, top management and external providers/suppliers to increase their readiness to change and overcome resistance.
- Learners who have recently been in education or training should have either have studies business management or related qualification previously, or the Level 5 Diploma in Business Management other equivalent international qualifications.
- Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
- Mature learners may have relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications.
You will be required to complete an assessment for each unit, which will be graded either a pass, merit or distinction. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the assessment criteria for each unit in order to pass. For each assessment you will be required to demonstrate that you have undertaken the necessary amount of research and reading, presenting your work using a high level of written English.
Resources and Support
Once you have registered for the programme you will receive login details required to access the wealth of resources and support that is included in this qualification packages. The support that you will receive includes:
- Interactive e-learning resources via our student portal. On the portal are lessons for each unit/module as part of the qualification. Lessons include videos, lectures, podcasts, interactive components, all designed by experienced lecturers and teachers.
- Online student discussion forums – provides an opportunity for you to interact and discuss with other learners on your course
- E-management books and resources
- Video library
There may be times when you feel that you may require additional support, this is available throughout your courses as and when you need it. Support can be through, one to one tutoring, via telephone or online, or access to online webinars.
Once you have successfully completed the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Business Management you can progress onto an MBA Top-up course at a number of UK Universities, as well as complete Masters degree in a related business discipline. You may choose to continue your studies at such universities either by distance learning or by attending lectures on campus. Or in fact this course is a great addition to your CV and demonstrates to employers that you have a highly recognised degree level qualification in business management and the necessary skills.
Learners who complete this qualification can progress onto an MBA programme at a university at our partner universities in the UK and internationally.
Learners may also progress onto the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management upon successful completion of this course they will earn 120 masters level credits which would allow them to progress straight onto an MBA Top-Up Programmes at a university such as our partner universities including Cardiff Metropolitan University, University of Gloucestershire, Northampton University, University of Bolton and University of Sunderland. You may also progress onto ILM Level 7 In Leadership & Managment which will provide you with 20 masters level credits and membership of the Insitute of Leadership & Managment (ILM)
There are many other options for progressing onto our university pathways, please contact one of our student advisors with regards to other MBA/Masters degree options.